Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cupcake Invitation DIY

This weekend I will be hosting a baby shower for my sister. My sister just had a baby girl a month ago so her little girl and my daughter are very close in age! :) When I was thinking about the invitations I knew I wanted to make them myself. I usually always make my own cards for people. I decided it would be fun to make the invitations look like cupcakes. I got started by drawing a few templates and choosing the paper I wanted to use. The reason I drew the template was because I had to make 15 invitations and I wanted them all to look the same. They ended up being really easy to make so I thought I would share the idea. Hope this works for you!


 What you will need
1. Take the cupcake topper template and trace around it on the paper you want to be the cupcake topper and then cut it out.
2. Fold the brown piece of paper (cupcake bottom) so the folded piece is as wide as the large cupcake bottom template. Trace around the template and then cut it out. Make sure you do not cut the edge that has the fold in it.
3. Repeat step 2 with the white sheet of paper and the small cupcake bottom template. Glue the white paper inside the brown piece and this is where you will write your invitation once finished.
4. Cut the ribbon to fit on the front of the cupcake bottom.
5. Adhere the cupcake topper to the cupcake bottom.
6. Glue the ribbon and flower on the front. Write the invitation info inside and you are good to go.


Hey I'm linking up with Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfolded.
Go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute!

    Have you thought of linking up your project with other websites?

    www.iheartnaptime.net has Sundae Scoops every Sunday where you can share what you've made, and www.stuff-and-nonsense.net does Fridays Unfolded. Lots of moms would enjoy seeing your idea :)

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete